10 Easy Ways To Raise Kids, Who Love Being Outside.
1. Get your kids to help you plant seed starters, then watch them sprout and grow together.
2. Teach them to identify trees, plants, and flowers that grow in your neighborhood, so you can both spot them out while walking.
3. Remember that you are your child’s most important teacher and mentor, even when it comes to nature.
4. Don’t be afraid to spend an afternoon simply wandering.
5. Keep an eye out for animal tracks and feathers on walks and hikes.
6. And try bird watching in your backyard or local park.
7. Encourage kids to eat, read, and do their homework outdoors when possible.
8. If your kid loves any excuse to borrow your phone, encourage them to take nature photos on your outings.
9. And always encourage kids to talk about what they’ve noticed outdoors.
10. Incorporate objects you and your kids find together into your art and craft projects.